Sunday 28 August 2011

Re: 'The most inefficient and disastrous bank I have ever dealt with’

Re: 'The most inefficient and disastrous bank I have ever dealt with’: Tesco Bank have just implemented a superb scam on their brand-new online banking system.

You first have to get past the most unbelievable online security system I've ever seen. Try it - you won't know whether to laugh hysterically or cry uncontrollably.

Now to the scan. My Tesco Clubcard account has been transferred over as a Clubcard with Overdraft account. I never asked for this so assume they're doing it for everyone. "Pretty irresponsible, almost encouraging people to fall into debt" I hear you all saying. But here's the genius part from Tesco. When they show you your account balance they INCLUDE the overdraft facility. So if say your actual balance is £153 and you have a permitted overdraft of £500, then your actual balance is shown as £653.

Cue thousands of Tesco customers going out and spending money they thought they had but didn't, only to then get hit with overdraft charges. As they say, "every little helps....."

All the posts are provided by me and any comments l provide are my own view of the markets and are not the views of the article writer and or news provider.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment after signing into this blog and receive my latest newsletter about my thoughts and feelings and follow us on twitter at https://twitter.com/AceFinanceNews
Thank you Ian {Editor}